Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Day 10

 Zach is working through a 14-day stretch as he trains on all the equipment so he can take over weekend shifts at the lab; today is Day 10 for him. All is well, but Mama can’t help worrying as he is still trying to sort out the best sleep schedule for himself. But hell, that’s been a struggle all his life as my poor boy’s sleep was always disrupted with the damnable visitation schedule: it would seem as if I barely got him rested up & in a good routine, then he’d have to go to his father’s again - coming home exhausted & stressed… as much as I miss my precious little boy, I would NEVER want to go back to those times!

I continue to slowly work my way through “Six Feet Under”, an excellent distraction for me. Ruth, the matriarch, made an excellent mini-speech about the hardest thing being watching your children grow up and leave you, which gave me a lot more sympathy for her as a character. But I am ready for Nate, the eldest son, to go ahead and die; I am tired of his idiotic episodes of animal cruelty. He smashed a harmless kingsnake in an early camping trip, then lost his shit on a hapless bird which had flown into their house - beating it to death with a broom! What a loser - I can watch all the examples of human death throughout the show, but as you can imagine, animal cruelty is my trigger.

Anyway I had started another blog during Zach’s tumultuous senior year - here’s my latest post which is pretty dark and cynical - “trigger warning”, I suppose!

https://ninemonthsncounting.blogspot.com/2024/07/the-finish-line.html

But I will dump some photos from last weekend’s trail ride from my work computer later… I’m glad I went - it was good to see everyone - Silas of course was The Best Boy & Baraq was happy to get shared billing!






4 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I watched Six Feet Under (and since I don't have the same triggers as you), I had forgotten that aspect. Yikes! I can see why you'd want that character "removed"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Zach is able to get his sleep lined out quickly. It's so hard the older you get. I remember in my early 20s and even 30s when I could sleep for 11 hours sometimes. Didn't have to get up to get a drink from dry mouth nor have to pee. Didn't have to have everything in the room perfect.

    Benny and I have been watching movies we have not seen in the past as we didn't have T.V. access out here for years. We just watched "Open Range" and it has been our favorite so far. I love the scenery and the characters. I did not like when they killed the dog. I always HATE that "tool" to get you to hate the villain. I always predict it and it always irks me. The only movie we didn't like was "Training Day". We both liked "Moonstruck". Parts of it were hilarious to me - the old man and the dogs howling at the moon is so me. I do things like that and I rain dance. Animals always add something special to movies. We watched "Miss Congeniality" my first Sandra Bullock movie, the original Thomas Crown Affair - which I loved years ago, Erin Brockovich- love Julia Roberts, and Goodfellas - the last was just okay to us.

    Wasn't able to read your blog.

    Loved the pictures! Especially of everyone getting a drink. Great that both of your "boys" got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a response to this yesterday and another blog and they are not showing up on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try this again but I am tiring of this site.

    I hope Zach gets his sleep lined out. I used to sleep sometimes 11 hours in my early 20s and early 30s and then working crazy shifts changed all of that. Very unhealthy to take jobs that prevent you from eating, sleeping, using the restroom.

    I don't like watching any shows that mistreat animals. They usually do it to make a point that the person doing it is evil but there has to be less repulsive ways to do this. Benny and I have been watching movies we have not seen in the past as we didn't have T.V. access out here for years. We just watched "Open Range" and it has been our favorite so far. I love the scenery and the characters. I did not like when they killed the dog. I always predict it and it always irks me. The only movie we didn't like was "Training Day". We both liked "Moonstruck". Parts of it were hilarious to me - the old man and the dogs howling at the moon is so me. I do things like that and I rain dance. Animals always add something special to movies. We watched "The Heat" - liked it. We watched "Miss Congeniality" my second Sandra Bullock movie. The original "The Thomas Crown Affair" - which I loved years ago. "Erin Brockovich"- love Julia Roberts. "Goodfellas" - was just okay to us. We watched "A Fish Called Wanda"- also okay We obviously prefer comedies.

    I could not view the blog.

    So nice when both Silas and Baraq get to go. Loved the pictures. Especially of the horses getting a drink.

    ReplyDelete