Friday, January 26, 2024

End of the Trail

I had my long-overdue “final arrangements” meeting with my attorney yesterday (She prepared my will, durable power of attorney forms, and final directives) Also owed her for her awesome “threatening letter to contractor” last month which got his butt in gear to finish up what he needed to do to get our inspection for Certificate of Occupancy! (It scared him for sure; I think he did more work in this past month than he’s done in the previous five!)
So even though that was $800 I really can’t afford, I can’t afford NOT to have everything written out in case something happens to me (as I tell Z, I might get hit by a bus! although down here, a semi truck is more likely ;-) P informed me yesterday that he might take a temporary gig in Atlanta - may be back to being a road warrior again. Not sure how I feel about that exactly, but a job is a job!

**of course we don’t HAVE that CoO yet as we await the City of Ferris inspectors crew (think of the Lil’ Rascals, unaccompanied by Petie the dog). 


We are a complete swamp as rain continues off & on; my little car can barely struggle around the final curve of our driveway. 
It will get even tougher for me to carry on during the week without Peran’s help on the farm, but I’m trying not to dwell on that. He sent me a video link to some Australian doctors who appear to be fans of “old school” treatment with ivermectin & hydroxychloroquine. I’m down for practically anything at this point - the “metered exercise” certainly doesn’t seem to be working: I’m no better off today than I was 4 months ago. I enjoyed a rare dinner date with Z last night - we took a short stroll along the canal & I just barely managed to creak on through! (maybe 1/3 of a mile? Pitiful!)


3 comments:

  1. ((( hugs ))) At least you're still putting one foot in front of another, one day at a time. Sigh. Deep breaths, and hang in there!

    Good news about your lawyer... well worth the money you can't affort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money well spent. As for the 'treatment' hmmmm, not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about the final arrangements stuff. Benny and I need to do that too. Especially since he just had his second every 3 week chemo. So not fun. $800 sounds like a good deal for everything you got done.

    I can't think of anything I might want to do less than having to work in Atlanta. Traffic there is horrendous!

    I don't like the idea of you having more work heaped on you from that too. You are close to keeling over. Benny and I are both feeling our age and infirmities too. We both need a complete overhaul.

    ReplyDelete