Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Wishful Thinking

 … on my part, thinking that Peran was coming home from his “man stuff” weekend on Sunday - he returned Monday afternoon. Lunch or dinner? Forget it, what was I thinking??

Last Thursday I went in for my final wrap-up interview of my interventional exercise study at UT Arlington - I received copies of my lab work & my Dexa scan. My a1C improved slightly (started at 6.1, finished up at 5.8), net loss of 4 lbs but still edging into “Obese” category on my BMI. 44% body fat?!? Dear Lord - but at least the rest of my lab work looked good except for one elevated inflammatory marker, GlycA - I’ll be doing some research to find out what I can about that.

Still contemplating my options for primary care physician - the concierge practice has left multiple messages since I did not renew with their $3K annual fee. I can tinker with my own thyroid replacement levels, thanks so much! In the end, Dr E seemed to run out of ideas to help my chronic fatigue/long Covid symptoms since I wasn’t going to fall back into complacency taking an SSRI. I’m done with that merry-go-round! 

If I had more time I would schedule a diagnostic workup week at MD Anderson but since I don’t have the time OR the money right now I’m probably gonna divert to an Eastern-style practitioner. I drove by a long-standing acupuncture clinic in Arlington last week so I am considering going back there. But for now I need to get on into work.




2 comments:

  1. Love the "extra HORSE" meme! Hope your search for the right primary care that fits both YOU and your budget bears fruit. The struggle is real!

    (( hugs ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they give you any idea of the cause of the inflammation? Acute or chronic? From the Long Haulers or something else, like and autoimmune disease like R.A., lupus, psoriasis, or cardiomyopathy? No suggestions on how to lower this? Exercise will. And I know due to Benny's obsession with umabs that there is one I think to treat this. I think the cause of this should be determined and treated.

    Love both memes. Who doesn't need an extra horse! LOL. And I hate whining.

    ReplyDelete