Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Triplicate

 It is said that “bad things come in threes”, so I sincerely hope that my latest run of horrible things is paused for a few moments…

1.) Clarice - enough said! Kicking myself when I’m down is useless, but I keep scanning the horizon as I think of my little zombie dog

2.) My little frog Tony died unexpectedly - I had noticed his eyes looked a little dull when I fed him, but he ate readily? Amphibian medicine is extremely limited, or maybe I just suck as a caretaker.

3.) Our 10-yr old cat Severus went down with fulminant diabetes, followed rapidly by multiorgan failure (liver & kidneys). I saw no hope - no legitimate reason to put him through more intensive care scenarios like installing a feeding tube/hospitalization which most cats despise... So I held him in my arms last night, gave him the injection and petted him and told him how much Mommy loved him as he drifted off. He was the sweetest boy, he just purred & purred. Peran dug him an impressive grave, in which we interred both Severus and Tony. Rest In Peace my darlings.

In other news, the end of the month comes thundering towards us as it appears Alex and Hayley will be evicted from their little love nest - I just cannot bail them out this time. I have not engaged in the conversation with Alex as he speculates about coming back to Texas - he still has not admitted to me that they are legally married, which is what he told Zach. The shelf life of these youthful marriages seems shorter and shorter? Karen’s daughter is still shacked up with her 40-something year-old boss even though her divorce is not finalized yet. (Alex has been pitching to Zach his grand scheme of living in the Mesquite house, but he hasn’t had the nerve to say anything to me, the landlord! If he does I will ask him how in the hell he thinks they can afford a house which should rent out for at least $1800 a month when they’ve never managed to scrape together the rent month by month on an $1100 a month apartment?)

And last but not least, my son is supposed to be enrolled in classes but I have seen no evidence of him on campus - that tuition bill is due by the end of the week also but I’m not paying anything unless I see evidence that he’s keeping up his end of the bargain. I could really relate to those sketches of healthcare workers supporting patients but I don’t know whether I am the support or my son is the anchor dragging me down?





3 comments:

  1. What a challenging end of the month, on top of having said goodbye to your beloved animals! ((( hugs ))) Stay strong, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my!
    Love the gif, hate the problems. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love amphibians, chiefly toads and frogs, and certain reptiles, like lizards and turtles, and they really seem hard to deal with medically. I have tried to save a lot of turtles here with some success but my success with saving injured birds has met with better success. I know I am not supposed to do this but we have no wildlife rehabilitator in my county and few within the region and most of them do birds. The vets here do not treat injured or ill wild animals. So being a nurse I am not into watching things suffer without trying.

    So sorry about your Clarice, Tony, and Severus. Good grief! Enough is enough of this.

    Alex and Hayley need to both grow up. Get a full time job and maybe 1 or 2 part time jobs each. I don't know about your area but in mine no one has problems finding a job. I hope you do not let them free-load into the house. You will never get rid of them. So hard to evict people now.

    I sure hope Zack is going to continue his education.

    You have your hands full. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete