Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Backsliding

I seem hell-bent on an "even" 10-lb regain as The Moment of Truth approaches (I've already made a public vow to reset my weight counter to its true value tomorrow, New Year's Day).
Oughta go back for "oil check" with therapist as to why these self-destructive impulses never fully vanish - I won't even give "real keto" a try, even with all the evidence gathering that it CAN in fact, reset your brain & solve your obesity problem.

Sleep Hygiene

Friday, January 28, 2011

Thanks to all my wonderful SparkFriends for their input about my sleep probs...

Bottom line, I'm just going to have to sit down w/Hubby & have one of **THOSE** serious talks - if I don't start getting a better night's sleep, we're going to have to have separate sleeping arrangements!
This morning I feel a little bit more well-rested, although I was up @ 1:45 AM thanks to bladder. Dozed fitfully for the rest of the night - it would be cruel, after all, to wake Hubby each time the sound of his snores penetrated my earplugs...

I already practice fairly stringent sleep hygiene: I've read all the helpful hints about going to bed/getting up at set times (w/the result that my husband thinks I'm INSANE to get up so early on the weekends), keeping the bedroom only for sex & sleeping (& I'm sure not as much of the former as Hubby would like but mea culpa; as I mentioned previously w/my combination of insomnia & menopause, my sex drive has gone missing), having a set nighttime routine, etc...
What seems to help most of all is if I can get in a few yoga stretches/poses - I don't even have to go thru a full asana (love my "Candlelight Yoga" DVD but rarely have the time to do the whole 50-min routine).

Most frustrating of all is trying to calm my racing, anxious thoughts - esp on a day like yesterday when practically NOTHING went as planned!

It was a perfect culmination/symbol of "My So-Called Day Off" yesterday when I stepped in a fresh puppy-turd last night... After cleaning up, I went & poured myself a big glass o' wine! Guess I should count myself lucky that it was my bare foot (eeeeew!) instead of my shoe, which I could have tracked halfway across the carpet before noticing?!? I didn't make it by the gym for my 1st session of "Speedwork", & once more my son bailed out on accompanying me to yoga class.

Better luck today I hope.
Member Comments About This Blog Post
Oh girlfriend I am so with ya on the sex, menopause, sleep thingy. Actually we started sleeping in seperate rooms like 6 years ago. I just couldnt sleep with the earth shattering snoring. He was pissed at first but tough dodo. My quality of life was going down the tubes. I NEED SLEEP! Plus now that this season of life is upon me I spend the night (1) throwing off the covers then (2) putting them back on. Repeat steps one and two for 8 hours! I laugh but only because you have to find humor in life or else. Truth be told it sucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment