Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday Again

 Last week was far from “normal” with wintry weather shutting N Texas down for 4 days, more or less…

Appointment started canceling Monday afternoon, so we shut down early at 3 PM. Sleeting rain moved in, but things didn’t actually ice over until Tues afternoon/Wednesday night. Misty and I opened the clinic Tuesday morning to see exactly ONE appointment (for routine vaccinations, of all things!), and left about 1 PM. (Misti could check messages remotely). We remained closed for Wednesday which was the worst “ice day”. On Thursday, temperatures crept above freezing so I crept across the Metroplex to pick up Bo, he is doing great!

“Rank hath its privileges” since they handed me an envelope plus his lead rope - the surgery center’s front office was also closed due to our nasty weather. I could not bear to open that envelope to find out how much my free horse was worth now until I returned safely home - but it was only his treatment record & discharge instructions - ha ha, the joke was on me! This Aggie had to stay in suspense until Friday afternoon, when one of their receptionists called me. (Cue creative credit-card shuffling)

Speaking of credit, Wells Fargo is pissing me off - I’ve had an application in the pipeline to get what I have clearly explained is a short-term loan to get my remodeling done… obviously I didn’t handle things well - buying the new property, the mobile unit, and the surgery trailer cash-on-the-barrelhead. But I wanted things restored to how they were, owning everything outright. Nevertheless, with these items as collateral I should have enough credit to hang myself several times over - if WF keeps jerking me around I’m going to seek outside financing. As soon as the remodeling is completed, we can move into the building, I’m planning to flip the mobile unit and the surgery trailer which should easily allow me to repay that loan.

I’ve watched airfares bounce around for the past week, but I went ahead and booked my flight to go to my sister’s funeral next Saturday. “It’s only money” after all - what made up my mind for me was talking to my California cousin, who told me it meant the world to her when I showed up for her dad’s funeral. I am very sad for all that’s been lost, but hopefully I’ll be able to be a good “auntie from afar” for my niece and I should get to meet at least one of my Guatemalan nephews at the funeral. Stumbling around with shortness of breath and chest pain  - I guess I could schedule a follow up doctor’s visit but it seems there’s nothing to do but continue to ride this out.





2 comments:

  1. This weather is getting on everyone's nerves.

    I know the feeling. We could have retired to the Riviera for what we spent on medical care for our 11 chinchillas. 2 died shortly after birth. 2 lived to late middle age and the other 7 lived to old age. They had the "platinum" medical plan. Mommy and Daddy paid everything out of pocket and they were worth every penny.
    Our 5 of our vets all loved us and the 3 exotic vets said they learned a lot about chinchillas from us and our crew. They were spoiled rotten.

    Sounds like you have a very sound plan to proceed with renovations. Texas picked a really crappy time to upgrade the interstate and seize your property.

    I'm glad you can say goodbye to your sister. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing worse than money woes is insurance issues! Keep at it, Val!

    ReplyDelete